Saturday, September 14, 2013

Another Birthday...


Yesterday my whole body was aching with pain, I was feeling down and could hardly function or get out of bed. I had no idea why I was feeling so sad. I hadn't used my computer and had no will to and was unaware of the date. Yet, today I realized why there was that heaviness in my heart resonating throughout my body. It was September 14th...


September 14, 2004, was a bright shiny day in Montreal, Canada. I was beaming with joy as I held my healthy newborn. The whole family gathered around the hospital bed to greet him as he smiled back at them. Yes, my newborn smiled as he filled our lives with joy...

The happiness of that day weighs heavily on me today, seven years after he passed away. How does a mother mourn the loss of her child on his birthday? There is no easy way, they are all painful.
It is fascinating how the human mind works. This year mine choose to block the date, yet my heart grieved nevertheless. Indeed, the heart of a mother never forgets...

Although you are not here, and in my mind you are always my little toddler, I still imagine you growing. Yesterday you would've turned 9 and probably started 3rd grade. We would've gathered around a birthday cake with your friends and sang you "happy birthday". After you blew your candles, I would've given you a big kiss and hug. Oh how I wish I can...
But I know you are in a far better place now. 

Happy birthday my little angel. I miss you...

Related links:
A Tribute To My Son

3 comments:

  1. الله يرحمه .. ويقويك. ويخلي لك أولادك

    beautifully written

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know... :(***** breaks my heart to hear you experienced this pain.. you are very strong an inspirational and must be this way for your kids.. so sorry to hear this.

    ReplyDelete